I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 29 February 2016

Scotch Eggs.


Scotch Eggs.

Makes 12.

What a lovely surprise to be gifted these beautiful eggs early this morning. They're hen eggs but barely bigger than quail eggs, weighing between 25-30g.
I hope I have done them justice in this recipe, they were almost too cute to cook with. Thank you very much Jennifer.

Preparation:
Boil the eggs, cooled and shelled.

In a large bow, put in
-2 whisked eggs.

A large platter with 120g breadcrumbs, seasoned with salt/pepper.

In a large bowl, put in 
-650g sausage meat, with
-2tbsp tomato sauce, 
-2tbsp chopped parsley,
Mix well to combine.
Divide into 12 equal portions.
Flatten to around 10cm round discs.
Encase the cooked eggs in the sausage meat.
Roll into a round shape with the palms of your hands.

Drop into the egg bowl.
Coat in the breadcrumbs.
Deep fry in 400ml vegetable oil, in batches of 4.
Drain well.

Make sure the oil is not too hot, the eggs should take around 10-12 minutes to cook through.


No comments:

Post a Comment