I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 5 February 2016

Thai Herb and Honey Ribs.




Thai Herb and Honey Ribs.

Serves 4.

In a large stock pot, put in,
-2 litres water,
-4cm sliced ginger,
-3 cloves crushed garlic,
-1 stalk lemongrass,
-2tbsp light soy sauce,
-1tbsp dark soy sauce.
-salt/pepper.
Bring up to a gentle simmer, add
-800g pork ribs.
Leave to simmer for 1 1/2 hours.

Oven 160c fan forced.

In a large oven tray, put in,
-cooked ribs,
-3tbsp honey,
-2tbsp oyster sauce,
-1tbsp light soy sauce,
-2tsp dark soy sauce,
-1tsp sesame oil,
-2 stalks bruised lemongrass,
-2cm sliced ginger,
-2 cloves crushed garlic,
-3-4 kaffir lime leaves,
-sprigs of coriander,
-salt/pepper.
Mix well to combine.

Bake 1 hour or until the meat is tender and flaking.

Serve with rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment