I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 19 February 2016

Thai Herb Roasted Chicken Wings ปีกไก่อบสมุนไพร.



Thai Herb Roasted Chicken Wings.

My daughters' favourite dinner and when I cook it, which is at least once a week, my big girl will almost always say 'it smells like Thailand in here'.
Quick, easy, delicious and hopefully it will make your houses smell like Thailand.

In a large oven tray, put in
-1kg chicken wings, with
-1 stalk bruised and sliced lemongrass,
-3 cloves crushed garlic,
-3cm sliced ginger,
-4-5 kaffir lime leaves,
-3-4 sprigs coriander,
-1tbsp fish sauce,
-1tbsp soy sauce,
-1tbsp oyster sauce,
-1tsp sesame oil.
Mix well to combine. Leave to marinade for an hour or so.

Oven 180c fan forced.
Bake 40 minutes.
Turn the oven up 200c fan forced.
Bake another 20 minutes or until golden brown.

Sprinkle over some black and white sesame seeds to serve (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment