I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 2 November 2016

Blackened Swordfish.


Blackened Swordfish.


Meaty swordfish steak generously rubbed with spicy, bold Cajun seasoning. This recipe is for those that like it HOT. The swordfish is peppery, smoky and intensely flavourful. Simple, easy and extremely quick to prepare, perfect as a weeknight dinner. This is another CCC's Airfryer recipe, which means fuss free and healthy. If swordfish is not readily available, the spicy Cajun seasoning is very versatile and is great with pork, chicken or salmon.


In a large bowl, put in

-300g swordfish,

-1tbsp melted butter,

-1tsp black pepper,

-1/2tsp salt,

-1/2tsp fennel seeds,

-1/2tsp dry oregano,

-1tsp garlic powder,

-1tsp onion granules,

-1tbsp paprika,

-1tsp cayenne pepper.

Mix well and leave to marinate for 20-30 minutes.

Cook in the Airfryer at 200c for 8 minutes.

Alternatively pan fry over high heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment