I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 11 February 2016

Salt and Pepper Prawns.



Salt and Pepper Prawns.

Serves 1.

Grandad came back from Hastings with a lot of fishy presents including a bag of 250g cooked prawns. It would be so easy just to peel, eat them and they would be delicious. But this recipe takes about 10 minutes from wok to stomach, tastes AMaZinG and I've got a recipe for the blog!

In a wok, add
-100ml vegetable oil.
Deep fry the prawn for a minute or so until crispy. Drain well through a sieve.

Put the wok back on high heat, don't add any more oil, it's almost dry frying.
(Get ready for some serious sneezing)
Dry fry,
-1 spring onion, finely sliced,
-2tsp ginger, finely chopped,
-1 clove garlic, finely chopped,
-1tbsp chopped coriander,
-1 chilli, finely sliced.
Stir fry for a couple of minutes or until the vegetables have softened, add
-prawns, with
-a good pinch of salt.
-a good shake of white pepper and a good grinding of black pepper.
Stir to combine.

Serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment