I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Saturday 13 February 2016

Egg Lava Breakfast Cups.




Egg Lava Breakfast Cups.

It's half term! I think we should indulge in a little leisurely and unhurried breakfast.
This really doesn't take long and you can have whatever you fancy with the egg cups...Something along the line of a full English.

In a large frying pan, on low-medium heat, fry
-2x5cm baguette chunks (scoop out the middle).
Crack 1 egg in each.
Leave to cook for a minute or so. 
Carefully turn the baguette chunks (don't worry if you have a little leakage).
Cook for a minute or so then turn the bread cups to cook on their sides.
Takes roughly about 5 minutes in total.

       To serve.
Cut the cups open to reveal the oozing yolks.

A yummy breakfast to start the half term.

No comments:

Post a Comment