I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 24 February 2016

Chorizo and Olive Baked Chicken.




Chorizo and Olive Baked Chicken.

Serves 4-5.

Big beautiful flavours with minimal effort. A perfect dinner after hours of fun, eating cakes, chatting and horse watching. 

In a large roasting tin, put in
-1 large onion, thickly sliced,
-2 cloves, roughly crushed garlic,
-100g sliced Chorizo,
-100g olives,
-200g button mushrooms (leave whole),
-3tbsp chopped parsley,
-500ml cider,
-400g tinned plum tomatoes,
-salt/pepper.
Stir well to combine.
Top with 1.5kg free range chicken pieces, seasoned with salt and pepper.

Bake in 180c fan forced oven for 1 1/4 -1 1/2 hours until the chicken pieces are cooked through and the sauce reduced.

Serve with pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment