I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 18 February 2016

Chilli and Pepper Beef เนื้อผัดพริก.




Chilli and Pepper Beef.

Serves 2.

Delicious and healthy dinner in a hurry. Don't be put off by the amount of chillies used. The only heat comes from the fresh red chillies, the dry chillies stay whole and not spicy unless eaten. The dry chillies give colour and a slight smoky flavour to the dish but without the heat.
Wok to stomach in 15 minutes.

In a large wok, on high heat, fry
-1 sliced onion, with
-1 clove chopped garlic, add
-200g sliced asparagus,
-3 red chillies (adjust according to your taste),
-3 dry chillies,
Stir fry until the asparagus is almost cooked through, add
-250g sliced beef (rum steak),
-1tsp black pepper,
-1tbsp soy sauce,
-1tbsp oyster sauce,
-2 sliced spring onion.
Stir fry until the beef is cooked to your liking.
Taste and adjust the seasoning.

The cooking process should only take 4-5 minutes.

Serve with Jasmine Thai rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment