I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 26 February 2016

Omelette Roll ใข่ม้วน




Omelette Roll ใข่ม้วน

Serves 1.

If you fancy something a little different this lunchtime plus it's super easy. Choose your choice of fillings from
-tuna mayo,
-cheese,
-mixed salad,
-fried mushrooms,
-smoked salmon,
-sausages.
-rocket,
-watercress.
Feel free to add to the list

In a large bowl, put in
-3 eggs, with
-1 clove chopped garlic,
-1tbsp fish sauce.
Whisk well with a balloon whisk.
Leave aside.

Put your largest saucepan on high heat, add
-very generous amount of vegetable oil.
The oil need to be pipping hot before you add your eggs, we are almost deep frying.
Add the egg mixture, swirl the egg around the pan, you need to make the omelette was big as possible. Turning once.
Drain well.

Place the slightly cooled omelette on grease proof paper.
Add around 25g carrot, 25g fine beans, 2 slices of ham.
Use the grease proof paper to help roll the omelette into a sausage like shape.
Cut into 2-3cm chunks.

No comments:

Post a Comment