I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 4 May 2016

Chocolate and Digestive Biscuit Brownies.


Chocolate and Digestive Biscuit Brownies.

The girls have friends coming round which means brownies! We have done a few versions and this is our newest invention. My older daughter made these by herself with mum in charge of washing up and the oven. She is such a perfectionist, 300g is not 299 or 301g.

Equipment:
20x20cm square tin lined with baking paper.

In a large saucepan, put in,
-200g dark chocolate, broken into chunks, with
-150g chopped butter.
Cook stirring until both ingredients have melted.
Take off the heat, add
-300g caster sugar, stir to combine, add
-3 whisked eggs, stir well. Put in
-150g plain flour,
-1 tsp baking powder,
-1 tsp vanilla bean paste.
-pinch of salt. Stir well to combine, add
-100g roughly chopped digestive biscuits.

Spoon into the prepared tin. Spread evenly.
Bake in 160c fan forced oven for 35 minutes. Skewer shouldn't come out clean.
Leave to firm up for at least 2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment