I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 5 December 2016

Salmon Teriyaki.


Salmon Teriyaki.


If you are looking for a delicious weeknight meal without fuss and minimal effort then this is it. This recipe should take less than 5 minutes to prepare but will offer you all the delicious sophistication of a Japanese meal. Intensely aromatic, beautifully sweet and savoury, simplicity at its best.


For the marinade.

In a bowl or a freezer bag, put in

-2x250g salmon steaks,

-2tbsp grated ginger,

-2 cloves grated garlic,

-juice of 1/2 lemon,

-1tbsp honey,

-1tbsp Mirin,

-2tbsp soy sauce,

-1tbsp sesame seeds,

-1tsp sesame oil,

-sea salt/black pepper.

Mix well and leave to marinate for 1/2 hour.


Place the salmon steaks on a baking tray.

Place in 200c fan forced for 10 minutes.


Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment