I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 15 February 2016

Chocolate Cupcakes.


Chocolate Cupcakes.

Makes 12.

A simple cupcake recipe to make this half term. My daughters love baking with chocolate. Can I blame the appearance of the cupcakes on the children??? Still taste delicious.

In a saucepan, put in,
-150g dark chocolate,
-120g butter.
Cook, stirring, on low heat until the chocolate and butter have melted and the mixture is smooth. Leave aside.

Oven 170c fan forced.

              For the cake mix.
Use an electric mixer to beat,
-150g plain flour,
-150g caster sugar,
-3 eggs,
-1tsp baking powder.
-1tsp vanilla extract.
Beat to combine the ingredients, then gently stir through
- chocolate mixture.

Spoon into cupcake cases.
Press 1/2 a square of milk chocolate into each cupcake, press into the mixture, for added richness (optional).

Bake 15-18 minutes.
There should still be moist crumbs on the skewer.
Cool on a cooling rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment