I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 14 February 2016

Triple Onion and Pepper Loaf.




Triple Onion and Pepper Loaf.

Equipment:
2litre capacity loaf tin lined with baking paper.

Another quick and fuss free bread. There's no yeast or kneading necessary.

Oven 200c fan forced.

In a large bowl, put in,
-600g self raising flour,
-1tsp salt,
-1tsp baking powder,
-1 sliced pepper,
-80g sliced shallots,
-1 sliced onion,
-2 spring onions, sliced
-150g grated cheese,
-2tbsp chopped parsley,
-2 whisked eggs,
-320ml milk.
-black pepper.
Stir well to combine. The mixture should be extremely sticky. If it's too dry add more milk.

Spoon into the prepared tin.
Top with 50g grated cheese.

Bake 50- 55 minutes. The bread should have risen and golden brown, skewer should come out clean.

Cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment