I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 12 February 2016

Side Dishes (with Spaghetti Bolognese).




Spaghetti Bolognese.

Spag Bol is normally something we throw together when we are short of time or do not have the will to cook. I've added some yummy side dishes to make this already delicious, if a little ordinary, meal into a proper Fat Friday Feast. Spaghetti bolognese shouldn't be boring but is something to look forward to. I won't give you my recipe for spaghetti bolognese as I am sure everyone already has a mean Spag bol recipe up their sleeves. Will give you the recipe for the side dishes.

      Deep Fried Olives.
(I really hope this is an invention, let's hope no one has beaten me to it).
In a bowl, add
-2 eggs, whisk with a folk, add
-100g Panko breadcrumbs.
Stir well to combine.
Encase 80g olives in the breadcrumbs.

In a frying pan,on medium heat, add
-200ml vegetable oil.
Fry the olives in 2 batches. They will only take a couple of minutes to cook. Drain well on kitchen paper.

     Cheesy Courgette.
On a large oven tray, put in
-1 courgette, sliced into 1cm thickness.
Add 1 rasher of sliced bacon.
Top with 2tbsp grated cheese. Leave aside.

Oven 200c fan forced.

     Chilli Garlic Bread.
Mix 30g softened butter, with
-3 cloves chopped garlic,
-1 sliced chilli,
-2tbsp parsley.
On an oven tray, put in
-25-30cm baguette, sliced through the middle and cut across at 3cm intervals, add
-garlic mixture.
Drizzle over a tablespoon olive oil.

Bake along with the cheesy courgette.

Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.




No comments:

Post a Comment