I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 29 February 2016

Lasagne Rollups.


Lasagne Rollups.

Serves 2-3.

Equipment:
1.5litre capacity oven proof dish.

Lasagne without béchamel sauce but still delicious and creamy from the cottage cheese.

In a large frying pan, brown
-500g mince beef, with salt/pepper, drain well through a sieve.
Put the pan back on the heat, fry
-1 sliced onion, with
-2 cloves chopped garlic,
Cook, stirring until the vegetables have softened, add
-mince beef, 
-1tbsp chopped parsley,
Cook, stirring for a couple of minutes, add
-1tbsp tomato paste,
-1tsp paprika,
-salt/pepper, add
-200ml chicken stock,
-400g tinned plum tomatoes.
Leave to simmer for 15-20 minutes.
Taste and adjust seasoning. I normally add soy sauce to my meat sauces.

You need to pre cook 5 lasagne sheets for this recipe. They don't need to be completely cooked through but soft enough to roll.

      To assemble.
Spoon 1/2 meat sauce the oven dish.
Spoon 2tbsp cottage cheese on the lasagne sheet, on the end nearest to you, roll up like a sausage. Place on top of the meat sauce. Repeat with the rest.
Spoon over the rest of the 400ml cottage cheese.
Spoon on the rest of the meat sauce.
Top with 150g grated cheese.

Bake, in 180c fan forced oven, for 30 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment