I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 28 February 2016

Ginger and Garlic Stir Fried Pork Liver ตับผัดขิง.



Ginger and Garlic Stir Fried Pork Liver.

For the more adventurous foodies. This is grandad's favourite Thai dish but he doesn't get it very often as nobody else is keen.

In a large wok, on low heat, fry
-2 cloves garlic, with
-4-5cm ginger sliced into matchsticks,
Cook, until the vegetables have softened. Turn the heat up high.
Add 500g thickly sliced pork liver,
Leave alone for 20-30 seconds before stirring.
Add 
-1/2 sliced pepper,
-1/2 sliced onion,
-1tbsp soy sauce,
-1tbsp oyster sauce,
-1 sliced chilli (grandad doesn't love chillies as much as I do),
-a few twists of black pepper.
Cook, stirring until the liver is cooked through.
Adjust the seasoning. You may also need 1/2tsp sugar. (A lot of people add sugar to stir fries, I normally don't, purely personal preference)

Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment