I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 16 February 2016

Victoria Sponge Cupcakes.




Victoria Sponge Cupcakes.
Makes 12.

Equipment:
12 hole cupcake tin lined with cupcake cases.

Another fun, quick and delicious recipe to make with children.

     For the cakes.

Use an electric mixer, beat
-220g butter, at room temperature, 
-220g caster sugar,
-220g self raising flour,
-1tsp baking powder,
-3 eggs,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste,
-pinch of salt.
Beat well to combine.

Oven 180c fan forced.

Spoon into the prepared cases.

Bake 15-18 minutes.
Skewer should come out clean.

Cool completely on rack.

      Cream filling.
Use a balloon whisk to whisk,
-150ml double cream, with
-1tbsp icing sugar,
-1/2tsp vanilla bean paste.
Whisk until the cream just holds its shape.

       To assemble.
Cut the cupcakes in half.
Spoon a tablespoon of whipped cream on the base.
Top with 1/2tsp raspberry jam.

So moist and delicious.


No comments:

Post a Comment