I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 15 February 2016

Spicy Vermicelli Salad.



Spicy Vermicelli Salad.

I had some 'Pork with Spicy Herb and Lime Dip' (recipe is on Calories Can't Count) left over from yesterday's dinner, with a couple of new added ingredients, I've made this yummy salad for lunch.

In a heatproof bowl, put in
-50g dry Vermicelli rice noodles with
-hot water.
Leave aside and get on with the next bit.

In a large bowl, put in
-roughly 100g left over cooked pork,
-roughly 50g left over cooked mangetout,
-roughly 70g left over carrot,
-50g mixed leaf salad,
-1 tomato, thinly sliced.
-roughly 3tbsp left over spicy dipping sauce.
Mix well to combine, add 
-drained noodles.
Mix well.

Serve.

Delicious and nothing is wasted.

No comments:

Post a Comment