I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Saturday 14 May 2016

Sausage and Onion Muffin Bread.



Sausage and Onion Muffin Bread.

Sausages are tasty, economical and add such depth of flavour. They are perfect all year round, from summer picnics to comforting winter casseroles. This muffin bread is a delicious and easy springtime treat.
I named this bread 'muffin bread' as I had intended the bake to be individual muffins, the girls must have used my muffin cups in their play kitchen, there was none to be found. It's turned out incredibly well, cooked in a loaf tin, and definitely less fiddly.

Equipment:
1.5 litres capacity loaf tin, greased with vegetable oil.

In a frying pan, fry,
-2 chopped onions.
Cook, stirring, until the onions are cooked through and slightly caramelised, add
-400g sliced sausage meat.
-salt/pepper.
Cook, stirring, occasionally, until the meat is almost cooked through.
Leave aside.
 
Oven 190c fan forced.

In a large bowl, put in,
-300g self raising,
-1tsp baking powder,
-4 whisked eggs,
-150ml milk,
-5tbsp vegetable oil,
-salt/pepper.
Stir together with a large metal spoon, add
-cooked sausage meat,
-2tbsp chopped chives.

Spoon into the loaf tin.

Bake 35-40 minutes. Skewer should come out clean.
Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
Serve warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment