I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 11 May 2016

Peanut Butter Traybake with Lime and Pistachio Drizzle.



Peanut Butter Traybake with Lime and Pistachio Drizzle.

Oh wow!!!! I could have so easily eaten the whole cake by myself, I didn't and, I hope, I won't. This traybake is deliciously moist, tangy, sweet and nutty. I wanted to make something special but easily transportable for my younger daughter's teachers to take on their field trip. A joint effort between my older daughter and me, the little one wasn't interested as it didn't involve chocolate.

Equipment:
20x30cm deep oven tray lined with baking paper.

   For the sponge.
Use an electric mixer to beat,
-250g self raising flour,
-1tsp baking powder,
-250g caster sugar,
-4 eggs,
-200g butter, at room temperature,
-150g peanut butter,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste.
Beat to incorporate the ingredients.

Spoon into the prepared tin.
Bake 20-25 minutes, skewer should come out clean.
Cool completely in tin.

    Pistachio and Lime icing.
-Zest and juice of 2 limes, mix with
-200g icing sugar.
Mix well, add
-35g roasted and chopped pistachio nuts.

   To serve.
Place the cake onto a serving plate.
Spoon on the lime icing. 
Spread evenly.
Slice into portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment