I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 24 January 2016

Moroccan Bread.



Moroccan Bread..Khobs Kesra.

Equipment:
2 trays lined with foil, sprinkled with semolina.

In a jug, put in
-250ml lukewarm water,
-2tbsp olive oil.
-2tsp caster sugar.
-1tsp dried yeast.
Leave to stand for 15 minutes.

In a large bowl, put in,
-245g plain flour,
-245g  semolina,
-1tsp salt.
Mix to combine. Make a well in the centre. Add the yeast mixture.
Bring to a rough dough with your hand. It will be quite sticky. 
Knead in the bowl for a minute to make it less sticky. 
Tip on to floured surface. Knead for around 10 minutes until smooth.
Put in greased bowl, cover with cling film, leave to prove for around 2 hours.

Oven 200c fan forced.

Divide into 2 equal portions.
Roll each into a 20cm round disc.
Put on the baking trays, cover with greased cling film.
Prove for 30 minutes.

Bake around 20 minutes.
Swapping the 2 trays half way through cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment