I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 25 January 2016

Cider Slow Roasted Pork Belly.



Cider Slow Roasted Belly Pork.

Serves 4. 

Very easy, takes 10 minutes to put together.

Oven 220c fan forced.

In a roasting tin, put in,
-500ml cider, with
-2 cloves chopped garlic,
-1 sliced onion,
-a small bunch of parsley,
-salt/pepper.
-700g belly pork, seasoned with salt and pepper.
Make sure the skin is not submerged in the liquid.

Bake for 1 hour.
Turn the oven down to 200c fan forced.
Bake another 45 minutes or until the meat is flaking.

Serve with your choice of vegetables and some of the cooking juices.

No comments:

Post a Comment