I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 24 January 2016

Blondies.



Blondies 

Equipment:
20cm square tin.

In a large saucepan, put in,
-200g white chocolate, broken into chunks, with
-150g chopped butter.
Cook stirring until both ingredients have melted.
Take off the heat, add
-200g caster sugar, stir to combine, add
-3 whisked eggs, stir well. Put in
-150g plain flour,
-1 tsp baking powder,
-1 tsp vanilla bean paste.
-pinch of salt. Stir well to combine.

Spoon into the prepared tin. Spread evenly.
Bake in 160c fan forced oven for 30 minutes. Skewer shouldn't come out clean.
Leave to firm up for at least 2 hrs.

No comments:

Post a Comment