I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 27 January 2016

Crunchy Frozen Mousse.



Crunchy Frozen Mousse.

Makes 20

Great for play dates.

Use a food processor to pulse 200g digestive biscuits until rough crumbs form.
Tip into a large platter, leave aside.

In a small saucepan, put in,
-100g dark chocolate, broken into chunks,
-50ml milk,
-pinch of salt.
Cook,stirring, on low heat until the chocolate has melted. Leave to cool slightly and get on with the next bit.

Use an electric mixer, beat,
-250g mascarpone cheese, with,
-100ml double cream,
-50g caster sugar.
Beat until stiff peaks form. Stir through 
-chocolate mixture.
Mix well to combine.

Roll tablespoonfuls of the mousse and drop them into the biscuit crumbs.
Coat well.
Freeze.
Ready in an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment