I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Saturday 23 January 2016

Black Forest Pavlova Traybake.



Black Forest Pavlova Traybake.

Equipment:
23x33cm baking tray lined with grease proof paper.

Oven 120c fan forced.

Use an electric mixer, beat,
-6 egg whites, with
-1tsp Cream of Tartar,
-pinch of salt.
Beat until the egg whites are light and frothy, add
-320g caster sugar, a tablespoon at a time.
When all the sugar has been incorporated and the egg whites are at stiff peak, stir through
-1tsp white vinegar.
Spoon into the prepared tin. 
Spread evenly.
Bake 40-45 minutes.
Leave to cool completely in the oven.

Drain 410g tinned cherries.

Use an electric mixer to beat,
-400ml double cream,
-2tbsp icing sugar,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste.

To serve.
Spoon the cream on to the Pavlova. Spread evenly.
Arrange tinned cherries on top, drizzle over some of the juices.
Top with fresh cherries.
Grate  over dark and white chocolate to decorate.

      



No comments:

Post a Comment