I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 24 January 2016

Individual Sticky Toffee Puddings with Butterscotch Sauce.



Individual Sticky Toffee Puddings with Butterscotch Sauce.


Equipment:
6x150ml capacity dariole moulds, greased with butter.

In a bowl, put in,
-150g chopped soft dates,
-200ml hot water,
-1tsp bicarbonate of soda.
Stir to combine, leave aside for 15 minutes.

Oven 180c fan forced.

Use an electric mixer, beat 
-165g self raising flour with
-100g caster sugar,
-2 eggs 
-60g butter, at room temperature.
-1 tsp vanilla bean paste.
-pinch of salt.
Beat until thoroughly combined. Turn off the beaters, stir through 
-date mixture. Transfer to a jug. 
Pour into the prepared moulds.

Bake 20 minutes.

           Butterscotch Sauce.

In a large saucepan, put in,
-300ml double cream,
-150g dark brown sugar,
-100g butter.
Cook, stirring on low heat for around 10 minutes until the sugar has dissolved , butter melted and the sauce has turned dark brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment