I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Saturday 23 January 2016

Chocolate Traybake.



Chocolate Traybake

Quick, easy, delicious and moist. Great for play dates.

Equipment:
20x30cm deep oven tray.

In a saucepan, put in
-300g dark chocolate, broken into chunks,
-400ml double cream,
-pinch of salt.
Cook, stirring on low heat until the chocolate has melted.
Leave aside.

Oven 180c fan forced.

Use an electric mixer to beat,
-350g sugar,
-250g self raising ,
-2tbsp cocoa power,
-150g butter,
-4 eggs,
-baking powder,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste,
Beat thoroughly to combine. Stir through 
-1/2 chocolate mixture.

Spoon into the prepared tin.
Bake 20-25 minutes, there should still be moist crumbs on the skewer.

Carefully take the cake out of the tin, put on a cooling rack (place foil or tray underneath to catch the drips).
Warm 
-reserved chocolate, on low heat, until pourable, pour on to the cake and spread evenly.
Leave to cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment