I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 24 January 2016

Apricot Pavlova.



Apricot Pavlova.

Equipment:
Oven tray lined with grease proof paper.

Delicious and quick.

Oven 130c fan forced.

Use an electric mixer beat,
-5 egg whites, until soft peaks form, add
-265g sugar, a tablespoon at a time, leaving the beaters running.
When all the sugar have been added, put in
-1 tsp cornflour,
-1tsp white vinegar.

Spoon on to the prepared tray, shape into a rough 20cm disc.

Bake around 1hrs 10 minutes. The Pavlova should be try to the touch. Leaving the Pavlova to cool completely in the oven.

                  For the cream filling.
Use an electric mixer to beat,
-2tbsp icing sugar,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste,
-400ml double cream.
Beat until the cream just holds its shape.

Spoon on to the cooled Pavlova.
Arrange
-425g tinned apricots on top, sprinkle on
-2tbsp chopped pistachio nuts.
Drizzle on some 
-reserved apricot juice.

Serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment