I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 3 April 2016

Thai Omelette.


Thai Omelette.

This is a miracle side dish to balance other spicy dishes. I can't tell you how delicious this simple omelette is. The crispy omelette surpasses all expectations and is ready in 5 minutes. 

In a large frying pan, on high heat, put in 
-5tbsp vegetable oil, leave until searing hot.

While you wait.
In a bowl, put in
-3 eggs, 
-1 chopped garlic,
-1/2tbsp fish sauce.
Whisk well to combine.

Add to the searing hot pan. The omelette will puff up instantly, roll the egg mixture around the pan. Leave to cook until the underside turns golden brown. Turning once.

This omelette is also delicious on its own with steaming hot rice, one of my older daughter and father in law's favourite quick dinners.

No comments:

Post a Comment