I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 4 April 2016

Buffalo Ribs.



Buffalo Ribs.

This is my take on the more famous Buffalo Wings. This recipe is perfect when you have a few hours to spare as the ribs do take quite a long time to cook. The preparation, however, takes barely 10 minutes.

In a large saucepan, put in
-2.5 litres water (I always put in more water than needed as the cooking liquid is kept as stock, you should be ok with 1.5 litres)
-700g pork ribs,
-2 carrots, cut into large chunks,
-2 stalks celery, cut into large chunks,
-2 onions, quartered,
-sprigs of parsley,
-bay leaves.
-1tbsp salt/ peppercorns.
Leave to simmer gently for 1:30hrs.

When ready use a slotted spoon to fish out the ribs.
Place in a deep oven tray, add
-1tbsp hot sauce (adjust according to your taste),
-60g tomato ketchup,
-30g butter,
-1tbsp golden syrup,
-1tbsp paprika,
-1tbsp cayenne pepper (adjust according to your taste)
-1tsp black pepper,
-1tsp sea salt,
-1tbsp dried garlic,
-1tbsp onion granules.
Mix well to combine.
Leave to marinate for an hour or so.

Bake in 180c fan forced oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment