I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 26 April 2016

Stir Fried Black Pepper Pork Liver ตับผัดพริกไทยดำ


Stir Fried Black Pepper Pork Liver.

I thought about not posting this recipe as I know many of you were horrified when I posted a similar recipe before. I can assure you this is delicious and nothing like anything you would associate liver with. This recipe is hot, spicy and warmingly flavourful. Try this recipe and you may change your mind.

Serves 2.

In a pestle and mortar, pound
-2 cloves garlic, with
-1tsp black peppercorns,
-1tsp coriander seeds.
Pound until well combined.

In a large wok, on high heat, with a tablespoon of vegetable oil, put in
-500g sliced pork liver.
Leave the liver to cook, without stirring for around 30 seconds to get some char marks. Stir, then add,
-pounded garlic/pepper mixture.
Leave for another 30 seconds. Stir well to coat the liver in the spices.
Stir frying for around 5-6 minutes or until the liver is almost cooked through, add
-2tbsp oyster sauce,
-1tbsp soy sauce,
-1/2 red sliced pepper, 
-2 sliced spring onions.
Continue to cook until the liver is cooked through.

Serve with rice or noodles.

No comments:

Post a Comment