I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 29 April 2016

Pasta with Ham and Mustard Cream Sauce.



Pasta with Ham and Mustard Cream Sauce.

A quick and easy lunchtime treat.

Serves 2.

Preparation:
200g dry pasta, cook according to package instructions (reserve 100ml of cooking liquid)
1 clove chopped garlic.
1 small onion, sliced.
150g chopped ham.
10 cherry tomatoes, halved.
1tbsp chopped parsley.

In a large wok or a frying pan with 1tbsp of olive oil, fry
-onion with
-garlic,
-salt/pepper.
Cook, stirring, until the onion slices have softened, add
-ham,
-cooked pasta,
-tomatoes,
-reserved cooking liquid.
Stir well, add
-2tbsp double cream,
-1tsp whole grain mustard,
-parsley.
Stir well to coat the pasta in the creamy sauce.

Taste and adjust the seasoning.

No comments:

Post a Comment