I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 30 June 2016

Crispy Belly Pork with Vegetable Stir Fry.


Crispy Belly Pork with Vegetable Stir Fry.

The pork belly has started in a low oven to get the flesh side soft and tender. The searing hot oven then turns the skin golden and crispy. I felt the skin could do with a little more crunch and so went the pork into the AirFryer with the most mouth watering result. The belly pork is a rich cut of meat so a fresh vegetable stir fry is needed. Serve with plenty of rice.

Preparation:
1.2kg pork belly, score the skin, season with salt/pepper.

In a large oven tray, put in,
-2tbsp soy sauce,
-2tbsp oyster sauce,
-1tbsp sesame oil,
-1tbsp balsamic vinegar,
-4tbsp water,
-3cm sliced ginger,
-3 cloves crushed garlic,
Mix well, add
-pork belly.
Leave the pork to marinate, flesh sided own, for 45 minutes.

Bake in 150c fan forced for 1:30 minutes.
Bake at 220c fan forced for 30 minutes or until the skin is crispy.
Place under a hot grill if you still haven't achieved the perfect crackling (or in an AirFryer).

No comments:

Post a Comment