I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 1 June 2016

Chilli and Lemon Steamed Chicken ไก่นึ่งมะนาว



Chilli and Lemon Steamed Chicken ไก่นึ่งมะนาว

I did promise more steamed recipes and here is one of them. Fresh, zesty and healthy chicken dinner that is slightly out of the ordinary. This fuss free recipe will reward you with meltingly moist chicken that goes so well with the spicy and fragrant sauce.


Preparation:

1.8kg free range chicken, broken down into portions.
Place in the chicken pieces in a large bowl, with
-5-6 kaffir lime leaves,
-5 cloves crushed garlic,
-1 large sliced lemon,
-1tsp sea salt,
-2tbsp soy sauce,
-2tbsp oyster sauce.
-1tbsp sesame oil.
Mix well and leave to marinate for at least an hour.

Steam in batches...
The breast portions took 25 minutes to cook,
The thigh and drumstick portions took 30 minutes,
The wings took around 18 minutes.

   Dipping Sauce.
In a bowl put in,
-1tbsp chopped or grated ginger,
-1tbsp chopped or grated garlic,
-1 sliced spring onion,
-1tbsp chopped coriander,
-3 chopped chillies,
-2tbsp soy sauce,
-juice of 1 lime.
Stir and leave aside until needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment