I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 5 June 2016

Lime and Lemon Posset.


Lime and Lemon Posset.

A fresh, tangy and citrusy creamy pudding that is sure to impress but couldn't possibly be any more simple. This summery dessert contains 4 ingredients. Perfect for making ahead, for feeding a crowd and is a great dessert to make for those who doesn't normally like desserts. 

Equipment:
6x200ml capacity glasses.

Preparation:
Zest and juice of 1 lime and zest and juice of 2 lemons.

In a large saucepan, put in
-900ml double cream,
-300g caster sugar,
Cook, stirring on low heat until the cream is almost at boiling point, add
-prepared citrus.
Stir to combine.
Transfer to a jug.
Pour into the glasses.

Leave to stand for 30 minutes.
Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment