I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 2 June 2016

Barbecue Pork Chops with Cajun Wedges.


Barbecue Pork Chops with Cajun Wedges.

I knew it was a big ask to expect great excitement from my tofu (although it's delicious), so I'd made this for my husband and father in law. 

   Pork chops.
In an oven tray, put in
-2 pork chops, seasoned with salt and pepper,
-1 sliced onion,
-2 cloves chopped garlic,
-2 sliced chillies,
-80g tomato sauce,
-30ml malt vinegar,
-30g brown sugar.
Cover with foil.
Bake in 150c fan forced oven for 2 1/2 hours, turning occasionally.
Turn the heat up to 200c, remove the foil, bake for 20 minutes.

   Wedges.
Slice 4 large potatoes into thick chunks.
Pet dry using kitchen paper.
Place in a large oven tray, with
-1tbsp dry oregano,
-1tbsp paprika,
-1tbsp dry garlic,
-1tbsp onion granules,
-salt and pepper.
-3tbsp vegetables oil.

Cook in 200c fan forced oven, along side (pre-cooked pork chops) for around 45 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment