I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 10 June 2016

Honey and Ginger Wings ปีกไก่อบน้ำผึ้ง



Honey and Ginger Wings ปีกไก่อบน้ำผึ้ง

The girls' favourite dinner - they love chicken wings. The girls are not the best eaters and will only eat a handful of meals. I love it when the rotation comes back to chicken wings again as they will eat plenty and without fuss. I don't eat these myself, I have cooked them so many times in the last 9 years that I can't physically stomach it. To keep myself sane, I try a new recipe almost every time. The girls LOVED this version, they got very sticky hands, faces and happy tummies as a result.

In a large oven tray, put in
-1kg chicken wings,
-4cm sliced ginger,
-3 cloves crushed garlic,
-1tbsp oyster sauce,
-2tbsp soy sauce,
-1tbsp sesame oil,
-3tbsp honey.
Mix well and leave to marinate for an hour or so.

Bake at 150c fan forced for 30 minutes.
Bake at 180c fan forced for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment