I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 9 June 2016

White Chocolate, Oat and Pistachio Cookies.



White Chocolate, Oat and Pistachio Cookies.

Spent a very hot afternoon making cookies with the girls. Another of our super easy recipe. These cookies are perfect for grownups as they are not overly sweet (I feel the recipe could do with another 20g of sugar but tasters have said the cookies are sufficiently sugared). The chocolate chip cookie recipe can be found here on CCC.

Makes 18.

Preparation:
Dry roast 80g shelled pistachios, roughly chopped and leave aside.

In a saucepan, put in,
-100g white chocolate, with 
-150g butter,
-pinch of salt.
Cook, stirring constantly, on low heat until the mixture has melted.
Take the pan off the heat, add
-100g caster sugar,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste.
Mix well to combine, add 
-120g self raising flour,
-150g rolled oats.
Stir well, add
-1 whisked egg,
-chopped pistachios.
Divide into 18 equal portions.
Place onto 3 baking trays, lined with baking paper.

Bake in 180c fan forced oven for 12 minutes.
The cookies should still be extremely soft.
Leave to cool completely on the baking trays.

No comments:

Post a Comment