I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Friday 30 September 2016

Southern 'Fried' Squid.


Southern 'Fried' Squid.


A special request from my older daughter. A healthy, kid friendly snack without any cooking oil. The crunchy, deliciously savoury squid have been cooked in the Airfryer, a quick and fuss free afternoon treat. I have adapted this recipe to suit her palate, she's not keen on spicy food (I have left out both cayenne and black pepper).


In a bowl, put in

-400g squid, slice into 1cm strips,

-1/2tsp salt,

-1tbsp dry garlic,

-1tbsp onion granules,

-1tbsp paprika,

-2tbsp cornflour.

Mix well.


Cook in the Airfryer at 200c for 12 minutes or alternatively, deep fry.

No comments:

Post a Comment