I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Saturday 1 October 2016

Pancakes with Bacon and Syrup.


Pancakes with Bacon and Syrup.


Thick, soft and spongy pancakes served alongside salted crispy bacon and lashings of golden syrup, naughtiness at its best. The girls have woken me up extra early to make these, they were full of praise so they're forgiven. The batter yields 14 pancakes and they've left me 2!!! My younger daughter has said they are my best yet!


Preparation:

40g butter, melted and leave to cool.


In a large bowl, put in,

-250g plain flour,

-2tbsp caster sugar,

-1tsp vanilla bean paste,

-1/2tsp salt,

-1tbsp baking powder.

Stir well to combine, add

-2 whisked eggs,

-330ml whole milk.

Whisk well to combine, add

-melted butter.

Whisk and transfer into a jug.


Cook in a frying pan, on medium-low heat, greased with butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment