I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 27 September 2016

Sesame Chicken Skewers.


Sesame Chicken Skewers.

One of my easiest and quickest recipes that delivers big on popularity! These were a huge hit with (little) friends we had over after school. There were a few misgivings about the 'seeds' but the chicken couldn't have disappeared any faster. The sharp skewers were handled with great care and everybody went home without injuries.

Preparation.
Soak 12 wooden skewers in water for around 30 minutes.

In a bowl put in,
-500g free range chicken breasts, sliced into 1cm strips,
-1tbsp chopped garlic,
-1tbsp soy sauce,
-1tbsp oyster sauce,
-1tbsp sesame seeds,
-2tsp sesame oil.
Mix well and leave to marinate for 30 minutes or so.

Thread the chicken strips with the wet skewers.
Place under a hot grill, turning once.

No comments:

Post a Comment