I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Saturday 17 September 2016

Satay Sauce.



Satay Sauce.

It's my younger daughter's birthday party this weekend and I am putting together a few different dishes. This is a Southeast Asian favourite peanut sauce. Incredibly simple and easy to make but with all the crunch and creaminess. This spicy satay sauce will not be accompanying chicken or pork skewers but I will instead serve it with deep fried whole sea bass, which I will share with you later (haven't cooked it as of yet).

In a sauté pan, with a tablespoon of vegetable oil, fry
-2tbsp red curry paste,
-5tbsp coconut milk,
Cook, stirring occasionally until the sauce is fragrant, add
-100g crunchy peanut butter.
Mix well to combine, add
-the rest of the 400ml coconut milk.
Cook, stirring occasionally for 7-8 minutes or until the sauce has thickened, add
-3tbsp palm of brown sugar.

Taste and adjust the seasoning.
It should taste sweet and salty.

No comments:

Post a Comment