I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Sunday 25 September 2016

Orange Cheesecake.


Orange Cheesecake.

A rich and creamy baked cheesecake with a difference. I don't like the sour undertone of cream cheese and prefer it in savoury dishes. For my sweet treats I favour the lush richness of mascarpone. I have combined my dream team cream of mascarpone and double cream in this easy delicious cheese cake. It's light, rich, creamy with a hint of orange.

Equipment:
23cm Springform cake tin lined with grease proof paper.

   For the base.
In a food processor, put in,
-300g ginger biscuits.
Process the biscuits until fine breadcrumbs form. Tip into a large bowl, add
-140g melted butter.
Stir well to combine. 
Press the mixture into the base of the tin. 
Refrigerate until needed.

Oven 150c fan forced

   Cheese Filling.
Use an electric mixer, whisk
-3x250g mascarpone cheese, with
-300ml double cream,
-5 eggs,
-180g caster sugar,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste,
-zest of 1 orange,
-juice of 1 orange,
Whisk well to combine.
Pour into the base.

Bake around 1 1/2 hours or until there is a firm wobble.
Leave to cool down completely in the oven.
Refrigerate overnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment