I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Stir Fried Black Pepper Pork หมูผัดพริกไทยดำ



Stir Fried Black Pepper Pork หมูผัดพริกไทยดำ

My black pepper monkfish was very popular, so I thought I would try the same recipe using a more accessible ingredient, pork.

In a large bowl, add
-700g sliced pork fillet, with
-2tbsp light soy sauce,
-2tbsp oyster sauce,
-1tbsp Shaoxing rice wine (anything alcoholic should be fine)
-1tsp cornflour.
Mix well and leave to marinade for a couple of hours.

When you are ready.
In a large wok, on high heat, stir fry
-1 onion, cut into large chunks,
-2 cloves chopped garlic,
Cook, stirring for a couple of minutes to soften the vegetables slightly, add
-pork.
Stir frying until the pork is almost cooked through, add
-1 pepper, cut into large chunks, add
-1tbsp black pepper,
-2 sliced chillies,
-2 sliced spring onions.
Stir frying until the pork is cooked through.
Adjust seasoning. You may need more soy and oyster sauce.


Serve with rice.

Note: this version was also very delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment