I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Wednesday 2 March 2016

Breakfast Bake.

 


Breakfast Bake.

Serves 4.

Combining breakfast ingredients, with a few added extras, into a delicious and complete dinner that doesn't require much work.

In a large frying pan, on low heat, brown 
-6 sausages. They don't need to be cooked through. Leave aside.

Wipe the pan clean and put it back on the heat.
Fry 
-1 sliced onion, with
-1 clove chopped garlic,
-50g sliced Chorizo,
-2 rashes sliced bacon,
-salt/pepper.
Cook, stirring until the onions have softened. Add
-2tbsp tomato purée,
-400g Cannellini beans,
-100g thickly sliced mushrooms,
-400g tinned plum tomatoes,
-100ml water,
-sausages,
-2tbsp chopped parsley.
Stir and leave to simmer with a lid on for 10 minutes.

Spoon into an oven proof dish.
Crack in 4 eggs.
Top with 150g grated cheese.

Bake in 180c fan forced oven for 30-40 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.

Serve with hash browns and/or bread and butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment