I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Salmon and Crab Fishcake with Chorizo Beans.



Salmon and Crab Fishcake with Chorizo Beans.

A delicious and economical lunch or dinner.

Serves 4.

In a large bowl, add
-650g mashed potatoes, with
-2 finely sliced shallots,
-2tbsp chopped parsley,
-2x43g tinned dressed crab,
-125g tinned salmon,
-salt/pepper.
Mix well to combine.
Divide into 4 equal portions.
Shape into a round disc, about 3cm in thickness.
Refrigerate for 20 minutes.

       Chorizo Beans.
In a large frying pan, fry
-1 sliced onions, with
-30g sliced chorizo.
Cook stirring until the onions have softened, add
-2x400g tinned Cannellini beans, drained,
-2tbsp chopped parsley,
-salt/pepper.
Cook stirring for about 15 minutes or until the liquid has evaporated and the beans are slightly caramelised.

Bake the fish cakes in 210c fan forced oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve the fish cakes on the chorizo beans.
Top with a fried egg (optional)

No comments:

Post a Comment