I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Thursday 13 October 2016

Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce.


Chocolate Pancakes with Chocolate Sauce.


These thick, soft and spongy pancakes are the girls' dessert rather than breakfast. They are extremely rich, chocolatey and fringing on bitter, not my taste but the girls seem to love them. I didn't need to fight the girls for these and there are a few left for tomorrow's breakfast.


Preparation:

40g butter, melted and leave to cool.

200g melted dark chocolate.


In a large bowl, put in,

-250g plain flour,

-50g cocoa powder

-3tbsp caster sugar,

-1tsp vanilla bean paste,

-1/2tsp salt,

-1tbsp baking powder.

Stir well to combine, add

-2 whisked eggs,

-370ml whole milk.

Whisk well to combine, add

-melted butter,

-100g melted chocolate.

Whisk and transfer into a jug.


Cook in a frying pan, on medium-low heat, greased with butter.


For the chocolate sauce.

In a small saucepan, put in

-reserved melted chocolate,

-50g butter,

-3tbsp golden syrup,

-100g double cream.

Cook, stirring constantly on low heat until the ingredients have melted and the sauce is thick and glossy.

No comments:

Post a Comment