I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 11 October 2016

Kentucky Fake Chicken


Kentucky Fake Chicken.


This latest recipe is dreamt up with my vegetarian friends in mind. They had never tried KFC and I hope these broccoli florets will be the closest thing to spicy wings. The broccoli florets have been seasoned with Deep South spices to emulate their meat counterpart. I thought they were delicious and could easy eat a whole plateful myself.


The broccoli.

350g broccoli florets.

Parboil in salty water.

Drain well and leave to cool for 10-15 minutes.

Place in a large bowl, with

-2tbsp vegetable oil,

-1 1/2tbsp plain flour,

-1tbsp onion granules,

-1tbsp dry garlic,

-1tbsp paprika,

-pinch of cayenne pepper (adjust according to your taste),

-salt/pepper.

Mix well.


Bake in 180c fan forced for 20 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment