I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Monday 17 October 2016

Korean BBQ Pork Ribs.


Korean BBQ Pork Ribs.


I have made these ribs using the low and slow cooking method in other words easy, lazy and fuss free. It's taken less than 10 minutes to put this recipe together. For not much effort we are awarded with tender, falling off the bone ribs. Deliciously sweet, savoury, sticky with the most mouth-watering aromas. The girls were full of praise...



In a large oven tray, put in

-1kg meaty pork ribs, season generously with

-salt/pepper.

Cover with foil.

Bake in 150c fan forced oven for 1 1/2 hours.


After the ribs have had their first 90 minutes, add

-the BBQ sauce.

Mix well.

Bake, uncovered at 150c, for another 45 minutes.

Bake at 180c fan forced for around 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.


The sauce.

In a small bowl, put in

-3 cloves chopped garlic,

-1tbsp grated ginger,

-1 small grated onion,

-2tsp sesame oil,

-3tbsp honey,

-1/2tbsp ketjap manis,

-2tbsp soy sauce,

-1tbsp balsamic vinegar.

Mix well.

No comments:

Post a Comment