I get asked quite often why I like to cook. The first reason I give is normally because I like to eat. I am Thai and food is a big factor in our culture. We greet each other with hello followed by 'have you eaten? When guests turn up at your house it's safe to assume that they will expect to be fed.

The second reason is that as I grew up in the Northeastern part of Thailand, the poorest region, food was always hard to come by. We weren't hungry as there was always rice, but it was difficult finding something to go with rice. Now I do have ingredients to go with rice, I want to cook!

Tuesday 26 July 2016

Raspberry Traybake with Lime and Mascarpone Frosting.


Raspberry Traybake with Lime and Mascarpone Frosting.

This traybake is deliciously moist, tangy, rich, creamy and sweet. I wanted to make something easy using our homegrown, very sharp raspberries, the added mascarpone and lime frosting has turned it into a very special treat.

Equipment:
20x30cm deep oven tray lined with baking paper.

   For the sponge.
Use an electric mixer to beat,
-300g self raising flour,
-1tsp baking powder,
-300g caster sugar,
-4 eggs,
-250g butter, at room temperature,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste.
Beat to incorporate the ingredients.
Stir through fresh raspberries 

Spoon into the prepared tin.
Bake 35-40 minutes, skewer should come out clean.
Cool completely in tin.

     Lime and mascarpone frosting.
In a large bowl, put in 
-500g mascarpone cheese, with
-5tbsp icing sugar,
-1tsp vanilla bean paste.
Beat with a wooden spoon until the cream just holds its shape.
Stir through juice of 1 large lime.
Mix well to combine.

   To serve.
Place the cake onto a serving plate.
Spoon on the frosting.
Spread evenly.
Grate over lime zest.
Slice into portions.

No comments:

Post a Comment